Are you trapped in a negative and conflicting pattern that has been wrecking your love relationship or marriage? Consistently and gradually, our therapists will help you work through the frequently jeopardized and upsetting conflicts of a rumpled relationship to help you find refreshingly new ways to restore the connection that encouraged you to create this loving association. Couples therapy sessions by qualified practitioners will help you find a way out from the persistent problems.
The chances are pretty high that with help of couples’ therapy you will enact positive and constructive changes in your life. The fundamental principles of efficient couples therapy will help you take closer look at your relationship and solve the puzzle.
- Changes the view of relationship – Objectivity is important to identify the problem areas of a relationship. The therapist, all through the therapeutic procedure, attempts to help you observe the relationship impartially. You will learn to refrain from the destructive ‘blame game’ and alternatively, closely look at you and your partner’s reaction in a specific context.
- Modifies dysfunctional behaviors – At Metro Detroit Counseling, our therapists endeavor to transform the dysfunctional ways a bickering couple behaves with each other. This step ensures that the therapy takes on an adaptive approach with the therapist ensuring that the couple does not engage in any action that can lead to psychological, physical, or economic harms.
- Diminishes emotional avoidance – Couples, who prefer to avoid expressing their emotions and feelings, put themselves at the bigger risk of growing apart and emotionally distant. Effective couples therapy help these disturbed individuals bring out and share their emotions and thoughts that they dread expressing to the other.
- Improves and increases communication – Being able to freely communicate is one of the most important factors of building intimacy in a relationship. Couples therapy focus on supporting and encouraging the partners to communicate successfully and avoid abusive and derisive exchange.
- Promotes strengths – Couples therapy recognizes and highlights the strengths of the relationship. It also builds resilience and faith in the relationship to help it sustain wear and tear in the long run.
Couples therapy practices at Metro Detroit Counseling employ the best of techniques by the finest of therapists in Metro Detroit.
Call Metro Detroit Counseling at (248) 269-9783